One of the firm’s founders, Edward W. (“Sunny”) Cameron has a large practice devoted primarily to civil litigation in state and federal courts. Mr. Cameron represents businesses and individuals in a wide range of complex matters, including commercial, construction, banking, real estate and employment disputes.
In addition to his extensive background in trial work, Mr. Cameron is experienced in the appellate arena at all levels. He has also handled alternative dispute resolution and has successfully resolved numerous labor and employment, commercial and construction disputes through arbitration and/or mediation.
Mr. Cameron has been selected for numerous honors, including most recently an invitation to join the Litigation Counsel of America for 2012. Membership in this prestigious honor society for trial and appellate attorneys is limited to one-half of one percent of all American lawyers. He has also been selected as one of the Best Lawyers in America each year since 2010, and he has been designated a Virginia Super Lawyer in the Business Litigation section by Law & Politics magazine. In addition, he has been identified as one of Virginia’s Legal Elite by Virginia Business magazine. Lastly, in his first year of eligibility, Mr. Cameron received an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is recognized as one of the nation’s leading rating services for attorneys.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Mechanic’s Liens
- Claims on Public Projects
- Labor & Employment
- Local Government/ Municipal Litigation
- Commercial Lease Litigation
- Banking & Debtor/Creditor Litigation
- Secured a judgment for $11 million for a commercial general contractor and its primary and excess carriers in a complex insurance coverage and indemnification dispute at the conclusion of a lengthy trial in the Circuit Court of Fairfax County.
- Secured the early dismissal of a $2.5 million claim against King George County, Virginia and the County’s Service Authority involving a commercial real estate developer’s construction of a waste water treatment facility.
- Secured the early dismissal of a wrongful discharge claim where the former employee was seeking $1.1 million in damages.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement resulting in a 15 year lease extension for a tenant at the end of the first week of a jury trial involving a complicated commercial lease dispute.
- Successfully represented a subsidiary of a national building material supply firm in a hotly contested construction dispute resulting in a substantial damage award from a Fairfax County jury.
- Secured a jury verdict for a large software consulting firm equal to the Plantiff’s ad damnum in a contract dispute with one of the nation’s largest cosmetic manufacturers.